In this webinar we will address these and other questions key issues that every employer needs to understand about workplace harassment and how to respond appropriately to these situations, including appropriate policies and investigation procedures in order avoid liability.
Romance may sell novels, TV shows and movies, but in the employment context it is often not a positive development, especially when the workplace romance sours. For example, can you be sure the relationship is consensual and would not form the basis of a sexual harassment claim? What if one of the parties reports to the other? Can your company enact a no dating policy? What if anything should an employer do if it hears rumors of a workplace romance?
Topics include, without limitation:
- Overview of the Issues Involved in Interoffice Dating
- What is sexual harassment?
- Courtship at Work
- Best Practices for Dating and Keeping it HR Appropriate
- Hiring Married Couples
- What to do When Employees Break Up
- What is a Love Contract, and Should You Have One?
- Can You Ban Office Romances?
- The importance of company policies
- Enforcing policies
- Dismissal for Inappropriate Relationships
- Potential conduct issues
- 'Some other substantial reason'
- Potential Privacy Issues
- 'Pillow talk'
- Privacy whilst both employees work for the same employer
- Privacy if one of the couple moves to a competitor
- Much more!
Who will Benefit
- Business Owners;
- Senior Managers;
- Any direct managers/supervisors;
- VP HR;
- HR Director;
- HR Generalist
- Chief People Officers;
- Chief Operations Officers