In this webinar we will explore what PTSD is and some of the myths around who can be impacted by PTSD. We will take a look at how mentoring can be part of the support structure.
This webinar will take a look at PTSD and we will define what that means. According to the National Center for PTSD, about seven or eight of every 100 people will experience PTSD at some point in their lives. PTSD is a disorder that some people develop after experiencing a shocking, scary, or dangerous event. Anyone can develop PTSD at any age. PTSD can also enhance the rate that Dementia and Alzheimer’s grow in a person’s body. We will explore all this in this webinar.
We will take a look at the role that mentoring can play as part of the support structure for PTSD. We can outline what it takes to be a mental health mentor/extraordinary mentor and what some of the challenges may be.
Objectives Of the Session
- This webinar will outline the impact on an organization when an employee has been diagnosed with PTSD.
- This webinar will look at the definition of PTSD and address any myths that exist today
- This webinar will look at PTSD from a gender perspective – are women more susceptible to PTSD than men – if so why?
- What is the role of mentoring in PTSD
Why You Should Attend
- PTSD has become a topical issue of which there is a lot of dialogue and limited action or outcomes
- This is a must attend webinar as we explore what is PTSD and who it can affect.
- We will look at the impact on the person, their family, their workplace and the community as a whole
- If you have co-workers that are experiencing symptoms then this is a webinar that you cannot afford to miss.
- If you are a mentor or want to become a mentor you will want to listen in on this webinar as we explore the role of a mental health mentor and who this might be
- Every wonder why you have not been impacted by events in your life? Perhaps your resilience factors are stronger than others? Perhaps your support structure is more accessible than others. We will look at all these factors.
Areas Covered in this Session
1.What is PTSD
2.Who does it affect
3.Are there gender differences
4.What are the symptoms
5.Is PTSD only seen in the military and first responders
6.Can PTSD impact other things (dementia and Alzheimer’s)
7.What is the role of mentoring
8.What type of mentor is required
Who Will Benefit
Human Resource Managers, Managers, Team Leaders, Team Members, Trainers, Ombudsmen, Project Managers, Talent Development, Consultants