It's not uncommon to have limited authority to get the job done on a tight schedule. Some managers have little control over budget, schedule, or team member selection and evaluation. You can still succeed. "Position Power" comes with control of many aspects of an assignment and has a hidden paradox. When you assert that authority, "because I said so," you lose authority in the minds of subordinates! Savvy, successful leaders learn to use "Personal Power" to get things done; their ability to influence, inspire, or convince others to act. Anyone can exert this sort of leadership, from the lowest ranking person to the highest. Learn to use your own personal power to succeed regardless of title. Unleash your personal power to achieve your goals inside the organization and outside.
Why should you attend?
How often does a company policy have a negative effect, but you have no way to change it? You may be selling yourself short AND you have more power than you realize. Learn to project your "personal power" no matter where you sit in the organizational hierarchy. Enhance your communication skills with powerful techniques that expand your influence far beyond your authority or lack of it. This form of leadership makes both formal leaders and non-titled team members more successful and likely to achieve their personal and professional goals. You will develop your own plan for advancement.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Defining personal and position power
- Identifying your personal power stories and unsuspected abilities
- Setting goals for maximizing your personal power
- Developing new and enhancing existing communication skills
- Aligning your message
- Using Aligned Assertive communication to persuade others
- Communicating effectively with anyone
Who can Benefit:
- Non-managers who need to persuade others
- Newer managers at every level
- Experienced managers who want to enhance their skills
- Team leaders and team members
- Project Managers
- Leaders who want to be more effective