The DHS and Immigration Control Enforcement (ICE), the enforcement arm of DHS, increased their efforts 100% to increase I-9 audits to Employers nationwide. Over 5200 audits were conducted and several arrests of Employers were made. More audits are expected via warrants and Notification of Inspection (NOI). Are you prepared for ICE Police to knock on your door???
Objectives of the Presentation
- Learn what type of errors have the highest fines
- Ensure you have the most current I9 forms that is required
- What has changed in the most recent focus with the new political administration?
- How is the right way to correct I-9 documents and save your company from unnecessary violations?
- What is the minimal risk Employers have when establishing an I-9 document Correction & Storage Process?
- How should I-9 documents be effectively corrected?
- How I-9 Documents should be purged;
- How long I-9 documents should be retained for active and terminated employees?
- Why are most Employers unclear about completing the new I-9 form?
- Why are most HR professionals or those responsible for processing I-9 documents still violating the request for documents section?
- What can you do if you have remote employees when it comes to I9 forms?
- How I-9 Documents should be discarded according to guidelines
- What new immigration guidelines do Employers need to be aware of with the new administration?
- Learn what to do if you are audited by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) & Immigration Control Enforcement (ICE)
Why Should you Attend
Many Employers take the risk or are unaware of the I-9 documents penalties and fines. Moreover, Employers are under the impression that I-9 document violations are low risk because "who is going to report?"
Well I am here to tell Employers that anyone can make a claim or complaint and it doesn’t even have to be true. Additionally, now the regulatory agencies are communicating more than ever before. The Department of Labor (DOL) communicates with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the DHS communicates with Child Support Services and on and on, it isn’t hard to imagine news getting out targeting Employers however, research has proven that most complaints come from disgruntled employees and others come from audits of target industries. Employers must be aware of all the new guidelines for completing the new I-9 form as well as the ongoing regulations for appropriate method of correcting this document without incurring fines and penalties.
Free I-9 Correction and Storage Toolkit Accepted by DHS!
Who will Benefit
All industries will benefit from this training including:
- Defense contracting
- Aerospace & defense
- Real estate
- Data Protection
- Privacy Services