This webinar will talk on developments in Family and Medical Leave Act and suggest strategies to avoid employee abuse. Firms with above 50 workers are subject to FMLA.
The statute has been amended in recent years, and new regulations have been issued. This webinar will provide a guide to the latest developments in the law and suggest strategies for avoiding employee abuse. New developments in Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) include the application of the statute to same-sex couples (in at least 16 states), expanded benefits for military families and clearer guidelines in the regulations.
Virtually every HR Director in a company of 50 or more employees will have to administer FMLA leave. One of the most common complaints among employers, however, is that some employees will seek to abuse FMLA leave. Such abuse can impose significant cost upon employers in terms of time and money.
Another new frontier is the integration of the FMLA and the Affordable Care Act. This webinar is designed to provide a comprehensive view of the FMLA and provide pragmatic tips on structuring and administering your FMLA program, as well as addressing employee abuse.
Why Should you Attend:
To understand the Family and Medical Leave Act better and how to apply it in workplace.
To learn more about:
- Who is Covered By the FMLA
- Recent Developments in the FMLA
- Implementation of an FMLA Plan
- Administration of the FMLA
- Effects of the Affordable Care Act on FMLA
- Guidelines for Avoiding Employee Abuse
Objectives of the Presentation:
- Understand more on the requirements of the FMLA, including special provisions for military families
- Extension of the FMLA to same sex couples in some states
- State family and medical leave statutes
Who can Benefit:
- HR Directors
- Persons who administer FMLA
- Persons involved in labor and employment matters
- Attorneys who advise clients in labor and employment matters